A Weird Death

Get your trial key

Live community: https://discord.gg/s39XdMV

Early access version available here

New user ? Check guides​ or ask the discord bot

Redacted
Sat, 02/09/2019 - 22:08 #1

Normally the bot will try to kill HC characters with fire - you will die in a molten explosion.  If the bot can't kill you by catching you in just one explosion, it will dive into or get trapped in the middle of a group of five going off at once.  That's why a cubed Star of Azkaranth is mandatory on HC characters I bot.  It also avoids those stupid deaths where the bot stands in front of an Inferno furnace while trying to teleport back to town or something similar.

But that's not what this is all about.  I watch my HC characters as they play, usually manage to save them if they get stuck opening a gate while being attacked by poison from the other side, for example, but I just witnessed the weirdest death I've seen.  My wizard finished up a GR 55, everything died when I did the RG, and my character started upgrading gems at Urshi.  And BOOM, died in a Bloat explosion - while in the process of upgrading a gem at Urshi.  I've seen issues when Urshi appears near something that spawns, but never something quite like I just saw.

diablofan40
DONATOR
Wed, 02/13/2019 - 18:51

Hmmmm had a couple of Urshi deaths like you mentioned but those are rare.  Almost all of my deaths are from disconnects or D3 program crashing or power went out etc.

Very little deaths from actual gameplay and almost none from molten.  Bot is pretty good in the rift but RG fights can be a little rough especially at higher GR's.

MCM303
Sun, 02/17/2019 - 15:06

Wow this same thing killed 1 of my characters just a few days ago. Was upgrading gems and died in a bloat explosion which usually wouldnt even kill the character it killed.

Redacted
Thu, 02/21/2019 - 09:03

I've pretty much decided that the bot is virtually unusable for hardcore.  About 1 rift out of every five, the cute little backflip a character does when they enter a new level takes it back to the previous level.  The bot then just runs until it hits a wall, and bangs into it until something comes along and kills it.  If it isn't that, it's being unable to open a warded door, and dieing to something attacking it from inside the room.  Or maybe getting stuck on an armor tower or other obstacle, unable to move, standing there until something comes along and kills it.  

And there are the other little things that make it frustrating, like watching the bot spend the last minute of a GR running back to the entrance of a level to check out a lightning shrine THAT IT ALREADY USED, then running back and running out of time to fight the RG.

Bounties are especially bad for getting hung up on doors or obstacles.  Lost 3 chars doing T-11 bounties in the last week from hang-ups on things or stupidities like trying to teleport home standing in a spirit ring or in front of an inferno furnace..  

cyp123
Thu, 02/21/2019 - 09:10

You have now determined that the DO NOT USE IN HARDCORE on the front page isn't just for show?

Need fast help? Join us in ros-bot discord channel
Select appropriate #support channel and explain your issue.

MCM303
Sat, 02/23/2019 - 00:32

Eh I use the bot in hardcore and while I have lost maybe 1-2 guys to some random deaths, I do perfectly fine botting gr95+.

diablofan40
DONATOR
Sat, 02/23/2019 - 21:33

Also no issue with HC.  I wouldn't bot bounties cause not worth it imo.  Bot is so good at doing rifts and speed GR's that bounties not worth the time/efficiency.  A lot of gear will naturally come from GR anyways.

diablofan40
DONATOR
Sat, 03/02/2019 - 14:45

Jinxed myself.  2nd death with bloated corpse aka zombies during Urshi gem upgrades.

Rare death but haven't found a solution unless playing a pet class and they tank during upgrades.

lifo2
Sat, 03/02/2019 - 17:17

Wrote this about 6 months ago:

I havent botted a lot of HC but from my experience number one death is when you have killed the RG and he goes to speak to Urshi. If some summons appear they will not be treated as a threat and you just stand still. Think of the Infernal Zombies in Halls of Agony map that just keep respawning. 

Same can also happen when the bot missclicks a floor and just stands there at the entrance. 

jesuskill3r
Tue, 03/05/2019 - 15:08

On HC, always play low level (T1-T9) and bulk up on defensive gears and use defensive skills. There will always be a chance of those things you mentioned plus RoSBot crashing while D3 is still running. You're lucky if D3 disconnects... but if it's still running, you have 15 minutes of standing there before the system boots you out so be sure your character can endure some beating while standing still.

Tips:

• Use builds with pets and companions
  • bulk up on defensive gears and use defensive skills. Test it by going to a boss and stand still (do nothing)
  • Play low level. You bot for items and paragon - you get ahead Season goals by playing manually

Advertisements

Advertisements